Tamaki YC winter racing every second Saturday.
Free entry for all sailors over winter.
Lasers, Mistrals and Finns welcome.
First race 1:15pm, 3 races back to back.
See the full Race Calendar for all race dates.
Covid-19 Level-1 at TYC
- Please stay at home if you feel unwell. Even if you don’t think it’s related to Covid.
- There is no Covid register. But we will retain sailors sign-on sheets to help with contact tracing if required.
- Soap and hand sanitiser is available if you wish to use it.
For queries relating to Covid or contact tracing;
- The Commodore – Ross Roberts – 021 301 062 – email@example.com
- Race Manager – Mike Knowsley – 021 344 749 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tamaki Yacht Club is a centreboard yacht racing club just west of Mission Bay overlooking the sparkling Waitemata Harbour.
We race most Saturday afternoons through the summer, and fortnightly during winter.
We cater for any centerboard yachts including Laser, Mistral, Finn and OK Dinghy.
We offer all-tide launching, off-street parking and a sealed rigging area. We have a Laser available for loan (suitable for experienced sailors only), so if you’re in town without a boat you can still join us for a race. This boat is available to members and guests when a rescue boat is on the water. You can also charter Lasers from Royal Akarana Yacht Club to join in our races.
For the 2019 Winter Series we are working with Royal Akarana Yacht Club to provide a training and racing experience. You can train on Saturday mornings with RAYC (details here) then sail around the corner to join in the Tamaki Yacht Club races for the afternoon. Race entry is free for those on the RAYC course, and on-water training will be allowed to help you develop your racing skills. Tamaki Yacht Club has sailors ranging from relative beginners to past World Masters Champions, so you’ll have plenty of competition at any level.
Five Knots at Tamaki Yacht Club
Copyright Tamaki Yacht Club 2019 – All rights reserved